In a few sentences, please respond to each of the following questions. Up to 10 points can be earned for a completed assignment, with partial credit available for incomplete responses.
- Identify and describe the following descriptive methods used for studying behavior and mental process: survey; naturalistic observation; case study; cross-sectional study, and longitudinal study
- Identify and describe the correlational method. Include the difference between a positive correlation, a negative correlation and a zero correlation. Discuss the value and meaning of a correlation coefficient
- Identify and describe the formal experimental method. Include the difference between an independent variable and a dependent variable as well as the difference between a control group and an experimental group. Discuss the significance of a placebo
- Identify and describe the guidelines associated with human research
- Identify and describe the guidelines associated with animal research