ACA-122 College Transferring
Your paper should include the following, in ACA-122 College Transferring:
- the major/program of study for which you plan to apply; two colleges of your choice and reasons you chose the particular colleges,
- three possible careers that pertain to that major/program of study,
- complete info on these careers, such as: salary, skills needed, education, future needs, etc. of each career choice,
- the general deadline information for applying as a transfer student to the University,
- the deadline information for your specific major,
- the general deadline for applying for financial aid and/or academic scholarships, and
- indication of the admissions requirements required of your particular major (this information should be included in your paper for EACH university).
In your paper, you must also indicate:
- if you plan to live on campus or off-campus, or
- if you plan to live on campus, indicate the process and deadline for applying for housing. If you plan to live off campus, indicate your plans and estimate the costs for where you will live.
- be sure to include estimated transportation costs if you are planning to commute. This information should be included in your paper for EACH university.
- also include the cost of EACH university (tuition estimates).
- Keep in mind that your transfer plan should include a basic timeframe for when you should apply for admission as a transfer student (based on your anticipated completion or graduation date from RCCC). This timeframe will be different for every student. Remember: this is just an estimated timeframe to give you an idea of when you should begin the admissions process as a transfer student.
- Do NOT cut and paste information from college websites or place bullets in your paper. Instead, paraphrase or put into your own words what you must do to apply for admission and what is required of you for entrance into EACH university and/or academic program for which you intend to apply.