– In 150-250 words answers these question and USE THE ATTACHED FILE AS RESOURCES
1) How was William McKinley’s thinking on the Philippines reflected in the work of Rudyard Kipling?
2) How was Woodrow Wilson’s thinking in the first five points of his 14 Points reflected in the work of Mark Twain?
3) In what way did McKinley and Wilson fundamentally disagree about colonialism?
– And here’s the 5 points of Woodrow Wilson
I. Open covenants of peace, openly arrived at, after which there shall be no private international understandings of any kind but diplomacy shall proceed always frankly and in the public view.
II. Absolute freedom of navigation upon the seas, outside territorial waters, alike in peace and in war, except as the seas may be closed in whole or in part by international action for the enforcement of international covenants.
III. The removal, so far as possible, of all economic barriers and the establishment of an equality of trade conditions among all the nations consenting to the peace and associating themselves for its maintenance.
IV. Adequate guarantees given and taken that national armaments will be reduced to the lowest point consistent with domestic safety.
V. A free, open-minded, and absolutely impartial adjustment of all colonial claims, based upon a strict observance of the principle that in determining all such questions of sovereignty the interests of the populations concerned must have equal weight with the equitable claims of the government whose title is to be determined.