AMH 2020â€”Final Assignment
Part I. Historical Identifications (50 per cent total; each ID will be worth 10): You must choose and answer five of the following ID’s. Remember to list the who, what, when, where, and especially provide the historical significance/importance.
- American Expeditionary Force (World War I)
- Prohibition (18th Amendment)
- Internment camps
- Battle of Midway
- Truman Doctrine
- D Day
- Manhattan Project
- Marshall Plan
- Civil Rightsâ€™ Movement (1950s and 1960’s)
Part II. Essay (50 points total; each essay will be worth 25): Please answer two of the following essays (make sure you answer the question fully and provide details and examples from the lectures and text to
support your answers):
- Discuss the origins of World War I. Why did the U.S. declare neutrality in 1914 and explain how the U.S. entered the war?
- Characterize and explain the â€œNew Eraâ€ and growth of mass consumer and popular culture in the 1920â€™s.
- What factors led to the â€œGreat Crashâ€ of 1929 and describe how the Great Depression affected the lives of Americans. Describe and explain both President Hooverâ€™s response to the Great Depression as well as President Roosevelt’s policies?
- Explain which events led to the outbreak of war in 1939 and how and why the U.S. got involved?
- Trace and explain the U.S. post-war policy of Containment between 1945-53.