Discussion Prompt 1
Do you agree with the claim that there is an overarching intelligence that influences multiple domains of skill, or do you agree with the claim that there are multiple intelligences? Explain. After watching the video Healthy Learning: Multiple Intelligences in this week’s presentations, discuss how an understanding of learning preferences could help psychologists and therapists communicate and work with his or her patients.
Discussion Prompt 2
Explain which theory of emotion described in your text you most subscribe to and why. If researchers learned how to control emotional responses so that targeted emotions could be caused or prevented, what ethical concerns might arise? Under what circumstances, if any, should such techniques be used?
Thinking, Memory, Problem Solving, and Creativity Questions
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Paper
- Briefly explain Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. Complete this diagram (Attached Maslow Chart) by providing three examples that meet the needs of each category.
- Identify the characteristics of self â€“ actualizers and identify behaviors that lead to self-actualization.
- Identify criticisms of Maslowâ€™s theory.
- Identify strengths of Maslowâ€™s theory.
- Explain the significance of the following statement: Maslowâ€™s hierarchy of needs is a pyramid, not a triangle.
- Identify your favorite quote from Maslow and explain why it appeals to you.
- Reflect on and identify what motivates you. Provide some examples.
Find at least one scholarly source to support your ideas.
Use APA format to style your paper and cite and reference your sources.
Your paper should be 2â€”4 pages long, in addition to a title page and a reference page.