- After reading Chapters 2, 3, and The Toulmin Model–Diagramming An Argument Canvas page select one of the options below to analyze the arguments made by the author.
- For your chosen selection write a 2-3 page paper analyzing the arguments made by the author.
- Identify the elements of the Toulmin model present in their arguments. What are their claims? What reasons do they give to support them? Why are those reasons considered persuasive? Provide examples.
- What evidence is used to support their points? What arguments is that evidence used to support? Provide examples.
- Topic Choices (select one of the following articles below to download a copy)
- Speech Transcript:
- Paper should be 2-3 pages, double-spaced, 1â€ margins, Times New Roman Font, with a clear header identifying author of the paper.
- Paper should be in MLA format for in text citations and bibliography
- Specific examples from the article, essay, etc. should be provided in the paper.
- No additional research is needed, focus on the arguments made by the author.
- You do not need to agree or disagree with the points made in the example, just to identify as many examples of the Toulmin model as you can find.
Please no plagirigzing!