Part One: (650 words)
- What is precarious work?
- Which workers are most vulnerable in a nail salon? At an Amazon warehouse? Explain.
- How have rates of unionization changed over the last 100 years? How has this affected workers?
- In your opinion, what are the responsibilities of employers to workers? Government to workers? Employees to employers?
- What are some policies that could help improve the adverse effects of work precarity?
Part Two: 650 w0rds
- Farmworkers are among the lowest-paid workers in America. How does this make you feel/what do you think about this?
- Describe the extra penny per pound rule. Do you think the extra penny per pound rule is fair? Why would someone be for/against this deal?
- Some call modern farmworkers as â€œmodern-day slavery.â€ Do you think this is a fair statement? Explain.
- When you are shopping for food after seeing this film, will you look for companies that take better care of farmworkers? Even if the food may be more expensive?