Social competence is a complex concept consisting of social, emotional, cognitive, and behavioral skills. For example, one might change social interactions based on the situational perspective of another individual.
Cultural competency enables organizations to work in cross-cultural situations based on skills, attitudes, behaviors, and policies. For example, it is important to provide health care services that meet the needs of all patients and addresses diversity issues.
In 500-750 words, address why social and cultural competency is critical in the research process. Be sure to address the following prompts:
- Define social and cultural competency
- Evaluate the importance of these concepts in terms of social psychological research.
- Give an example of a social psychological concept that can be understood from a cross-cultural perspective (e.g., social self, emotion, attitudes, fundamental attribution error, etc.)
- Why does cultural competency matter when researching a concept like the one you chose?
- Discuss problems that might occur if cross-cultural perspectives are neglected in the research. Be sure to share an example(s). Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations.
APA STYLE FORMAT