1. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGA) urge 2-3 seafood meals (about 8-12 ounces) per week, but the average American woman of child-bearing age currently eats less than half that amount.What are some possible reasons women for this â€œunder-consumptionâ€ of seafood
2. List some of the risks of under-consuming n-3 fatty acids during pregnancy
3. Summarize the risks of consuming MeHg-contaminated seafood during pregnancy:
4. Using information in the table, Seafood Consumption Recommendations for Women of Childbearing Age, to suggest various seafood amounts and combinations for a woman of childbearing age.
5. Comment on this quote by statistician and modeler George Box, from the Groth, III article.â€œAll models are flawed, but some models are also useful.
6. Do you feel more confident to offer advice about seafood consumption?
7. What more do you need to know about this topic, so that I can improve this handout?