ommunication Skill Rating” Please respond to the following:
How skillful is your communication right now? Letâ€™s explore that.
Note: You are strongly encouraged to record and upload a video response to the following questions. Practice is the key to success!
- What are your communication strengths? Provide specific details.
- What are the areas you would like to improve? Why? Provide specific details.
- Rate your current level of professional communications skill based on the following five categories and explain how you arrived at your rating.
Note: Your goal is to identify accurately your current level of communications proficiency and to grow in this course and throughout your MBA program.
Communication Skill Levels
- Novice: You tend to â€œwing itâ€ when communicating. Your messages seldom achieve your desired goals.
- Intermediate: Your communications are sometimes effective, but you lack an established process for communicating (and you arenâ€™t actively testing your methods).
- Proficient: You apply some tools and techniques of communications and, while you may do so inconsistently, you are fairly effective when you communicate.
- Distinguished: You are considered highly professional. You regularly influence outcomes through communications and you are highly communications-oriented.
- Expert: You have extensive experience in business communications, are well-versed in the topic, and can influence goals strategically while driving action with your messaging.