Case Study 1: Emerging Wireless Technology in the Healthcare Industry
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
The medical industry is a good example of an industry that must balance the security issues associated with wireless technologies with the business value added from wireless technologies.
Read the article about emerging wireless medical technologies titled, â€œHow 5G (and concomitant technologies) will revolutionize healthcareâ€
Read the Information Week article about how wireless and mobile devices will change the healthcare practices titled â€œStrategy: How Mobility, Apps and BYOD Will Transform Healthcareâ€.
Write a 4â€“5-page paper in which you do the following:
- Summarize the current and emerging wireless medical technologies.
- Describe the wireless components needed for added business value in the healthcare environment.
- Assess the additional staffing and support requirements needed to support the wireless technologies.
- Analyze the potential technical and regulatory problems with implementing a wireless network in a healthcare organization and describe the mitigation methods to overcome these potential problems in the healthcare industry.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are as follows:
- Compare and contrast wireless systems and their recent advances.
- Evaluate the application of wireless LANs, MANs, and PANs.
By submitting this paper, you agree: (1) that you are
submitting your paper to be used and stored as part of the SafeAssignâ„¢
(2) that your institution may use your paper in accordance with your
institution’s policies; and (3) that your use of SafeAssign will be
without recourse against Blackboard Inc. and its affiliates