Part 1: Sex Offender Villages
- Watch the short clip on sex offender villages (Links to an external site.)
- What are some strengths and limitations of this sex offender village?
- Do you agree with providing villages like these for sex offenders? Why/why not?
- What types of issues do you think we would need to address/work on with sex offenders?
Part 2: Depo-Provera Scale
Depo-Provera is still currently being used to treat sex offenders. The purpose is to decrease their sex drive in the hopes of reducing recidivism in sex offenses. There have been some research on the effectiveness of Depo-Provera for reducing recidivism. Please review both studies: Maletzky & Field (2003) and Maletszy, Tolan, & McFarland (2006), located in the files section below.
1. Based on their findings, can you make any conclusions about the effectiveness of Depo-Provera for treating sex offenders?
2. What are your thoughts on Depo-Provera as sex offender treatment?
Please answer EACH question in DEPTH. There is two parts and part 1 has 4 questions and part 2 has 2 questions, please answer each in depth. No grammar mistakes and plagarism, just cite when needed.