Choose from one of the following topics:
Select an area of professional interest to you and begin brainstorming policy or leadership issues related to that area of professional interest. You will complete this draft persuasive essay in Unit 4. In Unit 6, you will turn in your finalized persuasive essay. Your persuasive essay will examine either leadership issues or major policies in one of the following professional areas (choose one):
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Juvenile Justice Administration
- Law Enforcement
- Fire Safety
- Emergency Management
- Homeland Security
Unit 4 Assignment: Persuasive Thesis (Rough Draft)
Review the specific components to the persuasive essay.
Write a 1,300â€“1,750-word persuasive essay based on the above topics.
Include the following components in your essay:
- Introductory paragraph
- Include your thesis statement (highlight your thesis statement)
- Include a discussion of at least four supporting points
- Supporting arguments and examples defending your position for each of the following:
- Body Section 1 (supporting point 1 fully presented)
- Body Section 2 (supporting point 2 fully presented)
- Body Section 3 (supporting point 3 fully presented)
- Body Section 4 (supporting point 4 fully presented)
- Identified concession to the argument and rebuttal
- Conclusive summary
Format your work consistent with APA guidelines.
Include a title and reference page.
Include APA headings (at least level one).
Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources.
Cite your sources and include a reference page.