com325 marginalized minorities in the world.
Choose ONE marginalized media minority from the following list:
- African Americans/Blacks
- Muslims/Arabs/Arab- or Muslim-Americans
- Native Americans
- The elderly
- LGBTQ persons
- Obese people
- Disabled people
Analyze your chosen marginalized media minority as portrayed in any one of the following entertainment media (must be released between 2010 and 2017):
- Television/online streaming programming
- Video games
State and develop a clear thesis about the media minority portrayals you see and address these questions:
- How is the marginalized group portrayed?
- Why do you think your group is portrayed in this way?
- What social pressures and production forces shape those portrayals?
Use original research and specific media examples to support your argument, and explain historic and current trends in these minority portrayals.
Incorporate a media theory to explain what effect you think this portrayal has on audiences, and how members of the group are treated in society as a result. Use the CSU-Global Library to conduct scholarly research; find specific media examples to support your argument; and explain historic and current trends in these minority portrayals.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Feel free to use the readings from any module, cite the book Media/Society by Croteau, but also incorporate at least 6-8 scholarly sources not used in this course.
- Make your paper 8-10 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages.
- Format your document according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.).
NOTE: An academic research paper is a formal project based on research and, therefore, it is not appropriate to use first person voice or pronouns, which can lead to opinion insertion. Instead, use third person voice or pronouns for academic writing. Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing, which should be succinct where possible, while also exploring the topics appropriately.