Social Contexts of Criminal Justice Policy
This assignment is intended to provide an introduction to the relationship between physical deterioration and crime. Using the Riverbend City: Disorder and Crime media piece, you will evaluate the importance of using theory within a criminal justice organization. In addition, the links between theory, policy, and program administration will be explored, providing an illustration of how theory facilitates understanding of real-world issues in criminal justice organizations.
View Riverbend City: Disorder and Crime (linked in the Resources), and then use the scenario to write an academic paper in which you address the following:
- Examine the critical social problems being addressed by the Riverbend City police in the scenario.
- What were some of the positive and negative outcomes of the application of strategic and tactical approaches in the scenario?
- Explain strategic and tactical approaches developed by the Riverbend City police in the scenario that address the external political and social pressures presented. How might the strategic and tactical approaches be evaluated?
- Discuss how criminal justice theory might be applied to the resolution of community crime problems presented in the scenario. Evaluate positive and negative outcomes of the application of strategic and tactical approaches for crime reduction.
- Length: At least 8 double-spaced pages (excluding the cover page and references list). Include page numbers, headings, and running headers.
- References: At least 3 peer-reviewed resources formatted following current APA guidelines.
- Formatting: Use correct APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references.
- Font type and size: Times New Roman, 12 points.