Conceptual Theory and Organizational Overview
For this assignment, you will select a nonprofit, for-profit, or government human services organization for the focus of your course assignments. You will also select a theoretical approach to guide you as you examine the work of this organization.
You will present your selections in a well-written essay with peer-reviewed theoretical and practitioner support cited and referenced.
Choosing an Organization
The organization you choose for this assignment must be one for which sufficient information is available to allow you to reflect on interagency collaboration at a local, state, or national level. Because the course assignments will focus on this organization, read the assignments now to ensure that the organization you select will work for each assignment.
You may choose an organization from the following list or use another organization with the approval of your instructor.
- American Red Cross (local chapter).
- Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts (local organization).
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America (local organization).
- Catholic Community Services (local chapter).
- Department of Army, Navy, or Air Force mental health or social services program.
- Aurora Healthcare, Kaiser Permanente Healthcare, or other similar large state or regional health care system, mental health, or social services program.
- Lutheran Social Services (local chapter).
- State or county mental health program.
- State or county public health or prevention program.
- Veterans Administration mental health or social services program.
- Veterans Administration vet centers.
Choosing a Theoretical Approach
You may select one of the following theoretical approaches as described in the course textbook or choose another leadership theoretical approach with the approval of your instructor.
- Behavioral theory.
- Path-goal theory.
- Leader-member exchange theory.
- Transformational leadership.
- Authentic leadership.
- Servant leadership.
- Adaptive leadership.
Your paper must include:
- An overview of the organization you selected, including its mission, vision, values, and target population.
- An overview of the leadership theory you selected as it relates to contemporary and future human service organizational management.
- An introduction to the application of a leadership theory to organizational management in a multidisciplinary human services organization.
- An evaluation of the value of the selected leadership theory in application to the selected organization.
- A summary or conclusions about the value of leadership theory in application to organizational management in general.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Headings that define the sections of the paper, resources, and citations are formatted according to current edition APA style and formatting.
- References: Include at least one academic reference per page, including the course textbook as one of the reference sources.
- Length of paper: 4â€“6 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding the cover page and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.