Draft an introductory memo for the advisory board of a not-for-profit victim support organization to explain what victimology is and the role of the victimologist. In your memo include the following information:
- What is victimology? How does victimology lead to the belief of personal vulnerability? Be descriptive and use plain language that a layman will understand.
- How do you define a victimologist? What are the differences between a victimologist and a criminologist? Use the definitions of victim and that of crime.
- How do you interpret the functions of a victimologist and a criminologist? Provide examples to elaborate on the functions of a victimologist and criminologists.
- How would you compare and contrast a victimologist and a victim; and criminologist and a crime?
- Why do you think that the field of victimology is relevant to the criminal justice system ?
- Submit your answers in 2â€“3 page Microsoft Word document.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.