Collaborative Technologies and the Internet of Things (IoT) (100 points)
Conduct research and write a paper on either collaborative technologies or the Internet of Things. In your paper, address the following:
- Briefly define the technologies you chose (collaborative technologies or IoT technologies).
- How and why are organizations using these technologies? Provide one real-world example.
- What are the benefits these technologies provide to organizations? Are there any cost savings organizations might realize by utilizing such technologies? Explain.
- How do these technologies benefit internal and/or external users?
- What are some challenges or potential problems of using such technologies? Do the benefits outweigh these concerns? Explain.
Your well-written report should be 4-5 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages. Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, citing at least two references as appropriate. Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
- Chapter 4: Networks, Collaborative Technology, and the Internet of Things inInformation Technology for Management: On-Demand Strategies for Performance, Growth, and Sustainability
- Feng, J., Fengs, X., Zhang, N., Peng, J., & Wang, H. (2018). An improved collaborative filtering method based on similarity. PLoS ONE, 13(9), e0204003.
- Hu, X. (Ed.). (2018) Crowdsourcing for mobile networks and IoT. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 2018, 1â€“2. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325601882…
- Linkov, I., Trump, B., Anklam, E., Berube, D., Boisseasu, P., Cummings, C., & Vermeire, T. (2018). Comparative, collaborative, and integrative risk governance for emerging technologies. Environment Systems and Decisions, 38(2), 170â€“176.
- Oueis, J., Conan, V., Lavaux, D., Rivano, H., Stanica, R., & Valois, F. (2019). Core network function placement in self-deployable mobile networks. Computer Communications, 133, 12â€“23.
- Chapter 4 PowerPoint slides – Information Technology for Management