This week you will examine how to be a patient advocate for all individuals, particularly those who are from a different culture than your own.
- First, consider an ethical dilemma that you have encountered in your own nursing practice—choose one that was caused by a misunderstanding between people from different cultures. Describe that situation clearly.
- How did each group or individual perceive the dilemma? (Present both sides, objectively.)
- Identify the conflicting values and belief systems held by each group.
- What data was missing—what information did the health care providers not have about the patient’s culture?
- Next, define culturally congruent care.
Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information
Book- Transcultural concepts in nursing care (Andrews & Boyle, 2016)
***There is also a video, if able to locate***
Nurturing Cultural Competence in Nursing: Promising Practices for Education and Healthcare
User: n/a – Added: 1
Unless otherwise specified, all the written assignment must follow APA 6th edition formatting, citations and references.