Teen pregnancy affects millions of adolescent clients and their families every year. As a human service professional working with adolescents and families, you will build reciprocal relationships that make a lasting impact on both the client and yourself. Understanding how the environment is impacting the client and their family helps build the trust required to better understand what interventions and resources may be available to empower the client and their family. In the field of human services, you will be interacting with individuals with a variety of needs within many systems, especially when working with families. Due to the span of diversity among individuals, it is important for you to become familiar with the ethical standards as set forth for human service professionals.
The following Assignment will require you to find and discuss the importance of the ethical standards as developed by the National Organization for Human Services (NOHS). A code of ethics is â€œan explicit statement of the values, principles, and rules of a profession, regulating the conduct of its membersâ€ (Barker, 2001, p. 84). Understanding how to consider ethical issues and how we may resolve them using ethical standards is critical to successful and ethical client outcomes and ensuring both the human service professional and the client are protected from potential conflicts.
For this Assignment, you will be reading a case scenario in your text and responding to some questions related to the impact of the environment on behavior and choices, the impact of the client-human services professional relationship, and how identifying potential ethical issues and the National Organization for Human Services (NOHS) Ethical Standards can help guide you in working with clients.
Begin by reading the case study in your text (page 309), Spotlight 6.2: Portrait of a Single Father. Then, go to the NOHS website and review the Ethical Standards for Human Service Professionals.
After reading the case study and NOHS Ethical Standards, use the Unit 4 Assignment Template to reflect on the situation Gary finds himself in, his environment, and the possible ethical considerations in the case that the human service professional may need to consider as part of an ethical approach to the client and his family.
Please address the following:
- Discuss how Garyâ€™s environment has influenced his behavior and decision-making during his adolescence.
- Discuss how working with a Human Service Professional (HSP) in a reciprocal relationship may help Gary change his behavior and decision-making to address his current life challenges.
- Considering the case study details and the NOHS Ethical Standards, identify one ethical concern you would have when working with Gary and/or his family. Choose one specific NOHS Ethical Standard that you believe would be important to apply in this case to ensure this ethical issue is addressed within the client and HSP relationship. Identify and discuss the specific NOHS Ethical Standard (taken directly from the NOHS site) in your response. Be sure to include proper citation for your selected standard.
- Discuss one specific way using ethical standards impacts the behavior of a HSP when working with clients such as Gary.
- Provide the name and contact information for one human service agency you believe a HSP could refer Gary to in order to provide assistance with his current issues. Identify some specific services and support that this agency could provide to assist Gary and explain why these are helpful to the client.
- Considering your responses to the assignment questions, explain how Garyâ€™s case outcome might change from the ending offered in the case study epilogue. Discuss how knowledge of ethical standards and available resources can strengthen the relationship between the Human Service Professional and Gary in your response.
Assignment should be 2â€“3 pages, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, Use 6th Edition APA formatting and citation style throughout the paper
login: firstname.lastname@example.org, password: Sammy980#
please use assignment template for this assignment.. thank you !