finance research topics for undergraduate and graduate students
Definition of finance
The term finance refers to the processes taken in the management of money and the acquisition of funds in a business entity. These processes involve the overall study of funds that make up the financial system of a business or company. The finance department oversees activities associated with the creation of funds, the banking of cash, debits and credits, assets and liabilities as well as investments. finance research topics for undergraduate and graduate students
The primal concept of finance is based on the theory that time is money. The approach puts more weight on the time value of money. It suggests that the value of money at present is worth more than its value in the future. Therefore, it is more advisable to put into use the money you have at present for future benefits.
What are the three types of finance?
Finance, as a field, has three different types:
- Public finance
- Personal finance
- Corporate finance
Public finance is a branch of finance that studies the flow of money between the public and the government. Public finance studies show how the government affects the economy through its expenses and expenditure. The branch of finance studies the policies concerned with the taxes, budgeting, and debt issuance.
Public finance facilitates the establishment of a stable economy by a correct allocation of funds within the government’s entities.
Personal finance is a branch of finance that studies the financial standings of an individual to determine their future financial needs. Personal finance evaluates the individual’s income and their financial needs to determine their future financial standings. Personal finance encourages savings to safeguard an individual’s future financial needs.
The banking sector aids in personal finance. Banking provides a platform where individuals can comfortably save their earnings and investments. Banking services enable the use of credit cards, mortgages, and insurance that go a long way into helping an individual manage their financial standings.
An example of personal finance is a retirement plan. Individuals save up some of the money earned during their working years for later use. A solid retirement plan needs saving and investing.finance research topics for undergraduate and graduate students
Corporate finance is the study of the financial activities in a corporation. The finance division of the corporate entity oversees the sources funding, as well as the projects that increase the entity’s funding.
An increase in the company’s funding can be done through the issuance of bonds or stock offerings.
What are the topics in finance?
The study of finance covers several topics. The following list includes some of the important topics in finance.
- Behavioral finance
- Accounting and finance
- Economics and finance
- Risk Management
- Valuation of bonds
- Budgeting of capitals
- International law
- Government grants
Definition of research
To find out more about a particular object or issue, one must research it. Research is a step by step investigation that aims at increasing knowledge concerning a specific matter. At the end of the study, the researcher comes up with a solid conclusion that will enhance their awareness of the subject matter. Before conducting research, one has to come up with a research proposal. After the investigation, one submits a research paper.
What is a research proposal?
Before embarking on research work, a researcher has to draft a research proposal. A research proposal is an overview of an intended research study. The plan is used to estimate the cost of the research work as well as evaluate the intended results. The summary could also include requests of funding if need be.
How do you write a research proposal?
A research proposal should follow the following format:
The topic should indicate the proposed research question or topic
- RESEARCH RATIONALE
The research rationale gives a general background and reasons for the research paper. The reasoning should justify the need for carrying out the research.
- RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research proposal should have a set of research questions that would guide the researcher on how to conduct the study. An explanation of the issues to be explored should also be included.
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
The research methodology should state how the researcher intends to approach the research work. These include the resources needed and the methods used to conduct the research. Here, the researcher should also include the advantages and disadvantages of the methods used in conducting the study.
- TIME PLAN FOR THE RESEARCH
The proposal should indicate the schedule for the stages involved in conducting the research.
At the end of the proposal, the researcher should include references that indicate the sources of ideas discussed in the plan. The researcher should also include a list of sources that would aid the proposed study.
How can I write research paper?
After conducting research, a researcher should come up with a research paper(thesis) or a dissertation. The research papers are submitted by candidates to confirm that they conducted the research. Writing a research paper requires a researcher to follow some necessary steps. The steps include:
Choosing your research topic
Conducting precursory research on the topic
Formulating a thesis statement
Designing an outline to guide on writing
Drafting the research paper: include an introduction, body, and conclusion
Writing a final draft of the paper
Proofreading your work to eliminate any mistake
Research in Finance
What is finance research?
For students taking undergraduate and postgraduate studies in finance, finance research work could be one of the requirements of the course. The students are required to submit a thesis of their finance research study. Finance analysts in business entities also perform tasks to analyze the financial information of the body.
Research in the field of finance revolves around accounting and financial practices, including a study of the finance market and predicting future financial standings.
How do analysts do research?
A research analyst in the field of finance is responsible for the financial evaluation of an entity. Research analysts are involved in:
- Estimating future financial standings of the company
- Analyzing a company’s financial standings at present with reference to the past
- Organizing data of the financial analysis
- Presenting the data to the management
What is a researchable topic?
A researchable topic is a subject that forms the basis of a research study. A well put research topic aids in successfully conducting research. There are several researchable topics in the field of finance. Read on to find out more about the finance research topics.
What is research title?
A research title appears at the beginning of a research paper. The research title highlights the main ideas of the whole research study. The title of the research should provide a summary of the research paper. The title should be concise, precise and straightforward.finance research topics for undergraduate and graduate students
What are some research proposals topics in accounting and finance?
To accomplish finance research, students need to come up with relevant finance research topics.
Research topics in finance and accounting
List of project topics in finance
The list below provides dissertation topics in finance for MBA and BBA students:
- Consequences of microfinance in third world countries
- Analyze the impacts of sanction to an economy
- Discuss effects of the 2012 Olympics games on London Stock Exchange
- Discuss the relationship between Foreign Direct Investment and the economic growth of a country of your choice
- How does the analysis of financial statements affect the decisions of asset-based financing in XYZ bank?
- Mechanisms of terrorism financing
- The future of internet banking
- The impacts of modern technology to finance systems
- Islamic finance in capitalists’ environments (features, implications, advantages, and disadvantages)
- Features of microfinance
- Management of cash flow in XYZ business entity
- Derivatives of currencies
- Control of cash in XYZ company
- Study on the management of assets and liabilities of XYZ.
- A comparison of two or more international economies
- Study on the satisfaction of customers in Islamic finance
- Research on the satisfaction of customers in banking
- Is taxation a right policy?
- Study of the no-deal Brexit in banking systems
- Reasons for the opposition of digital currency
- Evaluate customer satisfaction on microfinance
- Evaluation of accounting procedures in the company of your choice, say XYZ
- An analysis of investment reports by XYZ company
- How can you use financial tools to monitor levels of liquidity?
- The role of auditors in preventing the fall of a country’s economy
- Analyze the features of single and double bookkeeping
- Importance of auditing in corporate entities
- What is the future of accountancy?
- Compare the risk disclosure of two different companies
- Discuss accounting ethics
- The revolutionization of the banking sector through microfinance
- The relevance of the Grameen Bank Model in third world countries
- Is GAAP effective? If yes, support the answer using a company that uses it
- Is the academic sector efficient in training students towards becoming finance experts?
- Choose a business strategy and evaluate its effectiveness
- Compare the auditing policies in different commercial banks
- The impacts of microfinance in general economic growth
- Using an example, determine the relationship between a country’s economy and its population
- Study the implications of investors in emerging economies
- The developments of internet banking
- Analysis of different retirement plans
- Impacts of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Impacts of Brexit in the U.K.
- Financial risks in the banking sector
- Effects of online banking to economies
- How can education systems improve on finance studies?
- A comparison of the financial management and financial accounting in an entity
- The use of textual analysis in financial statements
- Study the investigation of fraud in accounting
- The efficiency of auditing managers in assessing the risk of fraud
- Strategies for managing fraud risk
- Benefits of a combined effort between internal and external auditors
- The importance of financial statements
- The relevance of accounting information in a stocks market
- The use of forensic audits in preventing fraud risks
- Discuss pension as a retirement
- Development of commercial systems in developing countries
- The impacts of VAT on the development of an economy
- Study the role of external auditors in a bank of your choice
- How payroll management systems impact on fraud risks
- Study the role of financial ethics
- Effects of public finance in the economic development of a country of your choice
- How does Brexit affect the European Union?
- Does Brexit affect immigrants?
- Discuss the impact of Brexit on foreign exchange
- How does Brexit affect the capital market?
- How does Brexit affect the bond market?
- Study the effects of capitalism in companies
- The execution of the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) in risk analysis
- Study the impacts future impacts of commodity market
- Discuss the effectiveness of the double-entry in bookkeeping systems
- Discuss the health insurance policies in a country of your choice
- The effects of tax policies on small to mid-size enterprise (SME)
- Study the capital determinants within the Small to Mid-size Enterprise (SME)
- Compare the different strategies of auditing
- Study the measurements of environmental accounting
- Study the benefits of investments in a company
- Discusses the effects of the stock market on the currency of an economic market
- Discuss the control of debts in a company
- Discuss the taxation policies of a country of your choice
- Study of the relationship between management and the stock performance
- Discuss the Islamic guide on asset-backed financing
- Discuss why non-profit organizations are exempted from paying taxes
- Discuss the impacts of Sukuk in Islamic finance
- Investigate on Islamic banking customer satisfaction
- Discuss the assumptions made in Islamic financing
- Analyze the contribution of Islamic banking products to Islamic institutions
- Compare and contrast Islamic finance and capitalism
- The impacts of gold contracts to India’s economy
- Discuss the management of interest rate risk in an economy of your choice
- Discuss the financial adaptions in various sectors, i.e., Agricultural sectors
- An in-depth study of online trading
- Discuss the factors that affect investment behaviors
- Analyze the financial management of a company of your choice
- Do psychological variables, i.e., emotions, affect the demand for insurance?
- How do auditors prevent economic downfall?
- Discuss theories on the moral development of finance professionals
- Discuss the relationship between microfinance and poverty alleviation
- How does XYZ company manage its cash flow?
- Compare the finance education systems of the two countries your choice
Examples of companies that can be researched include Walmart, Apple, Nestle, Barclays, Standard Chartered, Toyota, among others. finance research topics for undergraduate and graduate students
These research topics in finance and banking could be used in formulating a logical thesis.
- List of projects topics in accounting
- Study of accounting frauds
- Challenges of electronic accounting systems
- Features of forensic accounting
- Importance of accounting ethics
- How can education systems improve accounting studies?
- In-depth study of risks associated with auditing sectors
- Functions of accounting in the development of a nation
- How does accounting information affect the decisions of a company?
- Effects of digital accounting in banking systems
- The importance of cost accounting
- The roles of administrative accounting in an organization
- Analyze the accounting reports of a company of your choice
- Compare the accounting education systems of the two countries of your choice
- The necessity of software in accounting
- Discuss the evolution of accounting
- Discuss how financial markets affect managerial accounting
- The need for personal accountants
- Discuss the 2008 finance crisis
- Discuss measures taken to control the growth of debts
- How can you avoid financial fraud?
- Discuss the most effective accounting systems
- Discuss the roles of forensic accountants
- How does one become a certified accountant?
- Discuss the effects of cultures on accounting theories
- Discuss the development of methods of accounting
- Discuss the tax reduction strategies
- Does time affect cash flow?
- Discuss the changes in offshore accounting
- Benefits of taxation accountings
- Discuss how accounting tracks business activities
- Discuss the tools used in forensic accounting
- How can a company create inventory systems using accounting strategies?
- Discuss the accounting procedures provided in the GAAP
- Discuss the guidelines for internal control
- How does digital technology affect the accounting department?
- Discuss the precision of programs in account software
- Discuss the development of systems that improve accounting
- Discuss the difficulties in performing accounting theories
- How do financial accounts increase the confidence of investors?
- Discuss the effects of inflation on investments
- Discuss the importance of regular studies of balance sheets
- How do accountants use cashflow in the analysis of balance sheets?
- How do companies manage the expenditure of profits?
- Discuss the intangible assets that can be owned by a company
- Discuss the differences in capital expenditure in new and established companies
- Discuss the copyrights on intangible assets
- How does the management of intangible assets prevent bankruptcy?
- Why do companies purloin the intangible assets of competitor companies?
- How do accountants make the correct decisions while performing accounting tasks?
- Discuss how companies improve on finance transparency
The above research topics on accounting and finance will help students in choosing a topic that best fits their interests. finance research topics for undergraduate and graduate students. we help the student to get the best try us now.