Review the case entitled : Oakhurst Dairy: Operations Management and Sustainability” in the Sustainable Business Case Book. Analyze the case responding to the following questions:
- What challenges face Oakhurst in 2011 and beyond? How do Oakhurstâ€™s efforts to reduce carbon emissions through operation changes help address the challenges?
- The Natural Resources Defense Councilâ€™s November 2007 Report (see http://www.nrdc.org/policy) stated, â€œAlthough there are some exceptions, in most cases, locally produced food proves the best choice for minimizing global warming and other pollutants. In fact, another study showed that when you combined all locally grown food, it still produced less carbon dioxide emissions in transport than any one imported product. The effects all this pollution can have on our health may be reflected in high rates of asthma and other respiratory symptoms, as well as increased school absence days for children.â€ How does Oakhurstâ€™s sustainable business model help to support the Natural Resources Defense Councilâ€™s findings that buying local not only helps Maine farmers but also helps the environment?
- What can people do to reduce their own carbon emissions? Could this reduce their own costs and help them to save money? How?
- Essay format; not bullet format.
- Minimum 5 full pages of content (Word Document) of strategic material (does not include cover page, abstract, nor reference pages).
- All charts, graphs, pictures are to go in the appendix (not a substitute for content)
- Make sure you use credible and reliable resources–5 minimum (2 peer-reviewed); format in APA