- Preparedness, response and recovery activities, and programs in disaster response or disaster recovery (See Disasters)
Identify a Research Question
Building from your Week 1 reading assignment, clearly identify your research question and then explain in one paragraph why this is an important research question for study in Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
Create Three Research Hypotheses
Prior to writing your three hypotheses, review the video Hypothesis 101 (and other Social Science concepts) by Dr. Wollman from the Naval Post Graduate School (transcript available here). Having identified a research question, create three separate research hypotheses which might explain your research question. For each hypothesis, explain in at least two paragraphs why this research hypothesis may explain the research question. Identify common arguments from the media and in academia which make this hypothesis relevant to the research question.
The Research Project Preparation paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.