No directly quoted material may be used in this project paper.
Resources should be summarized or paraphrased with appropriate in-text and Resource page citations.
Case Study 2 Instructions
You are working in the research unit of a foundation that awards grants to criminal justice agencies. The foundation is interested in promoting inter-agency collaboration to address specific issues in criminal justice. As part of the announcement of the availability of grant funds for this initiative you have been asked to provide a review of an recent (within the past 10 years) case depicting inter-agency collaboration and cooperation as factors in a criminal justice-related case outcome. Your supervisor has outlined your work assignment as follows:
- Search for a criminal justice website that is a repository for scholarly research to include case studies about collaborative efforts to resolve crime issues in a community. Website examples include (but not limited to): Collaborative Justice (http://www.collaborativejustice.org/resources/cjresources.htm)The Center for Effective Public Policy (http://www.collaborativejustice.org/resources/cjresources.htm)National Institute of Corrections (https://nicic.gov/)Crime Solutions (https://www.crimesolutions.gov/)Center for Court Innovation (http://www.courtinnovation.org/)Center for Evidence-Based Crime Policy (http://cebcp.org/evidence-based-policing/current-projects/)
- Find a detailed overview of a case study that utilized collaborative community and criminal justice resources to deal with a crime issue in that community.
3. Respond to the following questions:
- Describe the collaborative initiative- location, date, what are the issues, who was involved with the solution?
- What solutions were proposed? Be detailed-
- What were the results? Be detailed-
- What partner do you feel was most impactful to the solution?
- What partner do you feel was least impactful to the solution?
- How could the outcome of the collaboration been improved?
- Note, while these questions will be helpful is developing a project paper outline, the paper itself should be presented as a narrative.4. Complete Case Study 2 in the following format:
- A minimum of two (2) full pages of narrative text
- Respond to the six questions in item 3 above
- Narrative and Resource page citations must be done in the American Psychological Association (APA) format (resource will be the case study you find)
- A cover page (not included in the page count) Name of the student Name and number of the course Date of submission
- All other pages will be double-spaced, 1 inch margin, 12 font.