Protecting the nationâ€™s critical infrastructure is a major security challenge within the U.S. Likewise, the responsibility for protecting the nationâ€™s critical infrastructure encompasses all sectors of government, including private sector cooperation. Search on the Internet for information on the SCADA Worm, such as the article located at http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/22/stuxnet_worm_weapon/.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the impact and the vulnerability of the SCADA / Stuxnet Worm on the critical infrastructure of the United States.
- Describe the methods to mitigate the vulnerabilities, as they relate to the seven (7) domains.
- Assess the levels of responsibility between government agencies and the private sector for mitigating threats and vulnerabilities to our critical infrastructure.
- Assess the elements of an effective IT Security Policy Framework, and how these elements, if properly implemented, could prevent or mitigate and attack similar to the SCADA / Stuxnet Worm.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.