Immanuel Kant-Foundations of Metaphysics of Morals
- What is the “categorical imperative” according to Kant? Explain it fully. (Hint: look at the 2 â€œformulationsâ€)
- Do you think that you may have learned some of your own ethical decision making style in this way? Can you give an example?
- How does Kantâ€™s â€œDeontological Ethicsâ€ challenge Humeâ€™s ethical theory?
- Find a contemporary ethical issue going on right now in our society, in your own life, or the world in general and answer the question, â€œhow would Kant address this issue?â€ In other words, what would he have to say about it
- Does Kantâ€™s position have anything to say (any applicability) to your research topic?
Research topic firing someone in the work place morally and ethically right or wrong
Read Immanuel Kant, Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysics of Morals, Second Section (pp. 203-224 in the course text).