Hi, for my assignment I need to watch one of the movies which they are listed below, you can watch any of them to answer to 6 questions, I found one of the movie on YouTube but if you can find any other movie to write about it, it will be fine.
please answer to the questions separate
Traditionally, the role of articulating and transmitting values, norms and beliefs in society has been the responsibility of first, legend, as told through story-telling, and then, later, literature. Film is a unique and rich medium for the purpose of examining culture because it communicates culture on several levels. First and foremost, films tell a story about people, their hopes, dreams, challenges and fears, how they relate to others, and what are socially acceptable (and unacceptable) ways of dealing with a variety of issues. Film, therefore, has become an important reflection of our culture and its currently salient issues. Within this context we can identify a diversity of cultural norms and values.
- Choose one film from the list below
- Prepare an analysis using each of Hofstedeâ€™s five Dimensions of Culture
Questions to answer
- Which movie did you view? What was the primary culture represented?
- Is the primary culture represented in this movie Individualist or Collectivist? Cite an example from the movie to validate your findings, and explain your conclusion.
- Does the primary culture represented in this movie have a High or Low Power Distance? Cite an example from the movie to validate your findings, and explain your conclusion.
- Does the primary culture represented in this movie have a High or Low Uncertainty Avoidance? Cite an example from the movie to validate your findings, and explain your conclusion.
- Is the primary culture represented in this movie Competitive or Cooperative? Cite an example from the movie to validate your findings, and explain your conclusion.
- Does the primary culture represented in this movie exhibit a Long-term or Short-term Orientation? Cite an example from the movie to validate your findings, and explain your conclusion.
Be prepared, some of the videos are rated R for language, sexual situations or brief nudity. If such material offends you please select a film designated with a â€œGâ€ or â€œPGâ€ rating recommendation. A number of the films are subtitled.
You may select a movie from the list below, or for more options you may utilize another film from the Intercultural Film database http://www.uni-hildesheim.de/interculturalfilm/
Films are categorized by the focal group addressed in each of the videos.
Au Revoir, Les Enfants
The Bicycle Thief (G)
The Englishmen went up a Hill Came
Down a Mountain
The Book Thief
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (G)
A Day Without a Mexican
The Color of Paradise
East is East
My Name is Khan
Joy Luck Club (PG)
Shall we Dance (Japanese version only)
Eat Drink Man Woman
Gung Ho (G)
The Year of Living Dangerously
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (G)
Slum Dog Millionaire
Forrest Gump (G)
My Name is Khan
The Gods Must be Crazy (G)
The Color Purple (PG)
The Help (PG)