Using the sample data, perform one-way analysis of variance (ANOVA). Evaluate whether the average return of at least one of the industry-specific ETFs is significantly different. Use a 5% level of significance.
In your initial post, address the following items:
- Define the null and alternative hypothesis in mathematical terms and in words.
- Report the level of significance.
- Include the test statistic and the P-value. See Step 2 in the Python script.
- Provide your conclusion and interpretation of the test. Should the null hypothesis be rejected? Why or why not?
- Does a side-by-side boxplot of the 10-year returns of ETFs from the three sectors confirm your conclusion of the hypothesis test? Why or why not? See Step 3 in the Python script.
Attached is the data needed to answer the questions.