1. Describe Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), or lupus and what are the risk factors associated with SLE.
2. What is the management of care for a patient diagnosed with SLE and receiving corticosteroid treatment during their pregnancy?
3. What complications can occur during the management of patient diagnosed with SLE during pregnancy?
4. What changes will need to occur if a SLE flare is experience by a patient during their pregnancy?
5. What priority interventions and or actions will you need to do as the nurse and why for a patient with SLE flare during pregnancy? Patient education need?
6. How do cigarette smoking, marijuana use, binge alcohol consumption, and excessive caffeine intake affect pregnancy? WHY?
7. What possible adverse effects can a fetus and baby experience with the consumption of cigarette smoking, marijuana use, binge alcohol consumption, and extensive caffeine use from the maternal ingestion of these substances?
8. What is the nursing care you would provide for a pregnant patient with the above history of consumption during gestation?
9. Describe shoulder dystocia and what are the risk factors specific to shoulder dystocia?
10. What priority nursing actions would you perform for a pregnant patient with shoulder dystocia and why?
11. What are the list of potential problems for a pregnant patient and her baby related to the shoulder dystocia?
12. What specific interventions might be included in a safety checklist related to shoulder dystocia?
13. List some potential interprofessional health care team would be involve with a pregnant patient diagnosed with shoulder dystocia and why?