Assignment 1: Diagram a motor skill using the file picture information processing model.
- Choose and describe a hypothetical athlete/individual and a motor skill you would like to teach
- Explain whether this skill is closed vs open, discrete, serial or continuous
- Explain the individualâ€™s ability and all situational/environmental issues
- Explain issues of anticipation and possible arousal associated with learning and performing the skill
- Find and summarize one peer reviewed journal article (one-page review + APA reference) that supports your choice of skill, teaching method, concern, need from an information processing related position
- Remember, additional APA in-text documentation and referencing are required to support your analysis (review irubric)
Now the Diagramâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.Create a detailed outline of your skill with the following headings and explanations:
Identify all key information that typically confronts the learner. This will include both, important teaching information, and also possible irrelevant personal and environmental information.
Explain what information is attended to (registered), why?
Explain what information from the display is retained and what information is not attended to
Explain what information remains in attention and memory and why
Explain how you will help the athlete move the key information into short-term memory and analyze, interpret, integrate, create a schema for future selection
- What is meant by choice delay, why it happens and why this issue is important
- Response execution of long-term memory: Explain this process, how it happens, how it is improved, why it might not happen consistently.
The length of this assignment should be 5 pages plus Title and reference page.