multimedia presentation on it related topic.
Multimedia Presentation Assignment
With all of the technology at our disposal today, one of the most compelling ways to explain or â€œsellâ€ new ideas is still orally, in person, in small groups, with a simple set of supporting text and images. We innately respond best to seeing a live human being tell us a â€œstoryâ€ of some kind. We are â€œhardwiredâ€ to pay attention to vocal intonation, gestures, and eye contact, and a set of simple, focused images that enhance our understanding of a â€œstory.â€
While today it is almost clichÃ© to complain about boring PowerPoint (or similar format) presentations, an effective multimedia presentation can often be the best way to convey ideas to a relatively small group of people.
For this assignment, you will imagine that your supervisor has asked you to give an 8-10 minute presentation about a topic that you are very knowledgeable about to a group of 25 people, including your colleagues, your supervisor, and the VP of the company. Assume that while everyone else in the room has some level of technical knowledge of this general topic, none of them know as much as you do (which is why you were asked to present about this). Make sure you explain why this topic is important, and any relevant background information about the context or development of this idea or this technology, and what the larger implications for this might be in the future.
You may not need to do any additional research for this assignment, so feel free to use the topic of your short journal article from this course, any work from last semester, or research you have done for another class.
- At least 18 slides, including a title slide and references slide
- Text and relevant images on each slide
- Some additional element to convey information such as a chart, graph, video clip, etc.
- Text should be concise and bulleted (not complete sentences) with no more than 35 words
- Citations for quotes and summaries, identifying the sources of your ideas and information
- Text should be at least 18-point font (readable from the back of the room)
- 5 minutes minimum
- While you should make reference to the screen, most of the time you should be looking at
- References page at the end
on each slide
the audience and making eye contact.