Human services professionals may occupy leadership roles (administration, research, management) or service roles, working directly with clients. The leadership responsibilities of a human services professional include the application of ethical standards in the primary role of administration, research, and management. In addition, one must understand and be able to apply ethical standards in the service role to effectively guide and support service personnel. The practice of ethics generally involves understanding standards set by the workplace and recognizing that what ought to be or might be the ethically appropriate decision or action is effectively carried out in either role.
Drawing on your readings, write a 1,500-word essay discussing an example of organizational ethics and two examples of ethical dilemmas that require intervention and resolution.
Choose two ethical dilemmas to complete the following:
- Discuss two ethical dilemmas (one supervisory dilemma and one service-delivery dilemma) and offer an effective resolution for each dilemma.
- Analyze the differences and similarities between the ethical obligations of a leader in human services as compared with the obligations of service personnel.
Choose one cross-cultural dilemma to complete the following:
- Describe a cross-cultural dilemma (an ethical conflict arising from a diverse social interaction) that requires understanding of non-Western cultural ethics.
- Evaluate the most appropriate ethical practice for the cross-cultural dilemma.
- Communicate information in a concise, balanced, and logically organized written way, using appropriate grammar, punctuation, and syntax, as expected of graduate-level composition, while applying current APA guidelines.
- tructure: Submit a cover page stating your name, course title and number, and the date.
- Length: Your essay must be at least 1,500 words long.
- References: Use a minimum of 4 references and citations.