- Explain in your own words the relationship between aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Be as thorough as possible.
- Explain what 1/500 of a second means, both in terms of function and in terms of what it will most likely produce/do.
- What are the key differences in ISO in digital vs film?
- List at least 5 artists who you have learned about this semester in this class– and a few sentences about them.
- Briefly re-state what Susan Sontag discusses in America, Seen Through a Glass Darkly. What are your thoughts on this essay? Do you see it relating to your work at all?
- Summarize Teju Cole’s essay here.
- Way back in the beginning I asked you to read The Photographer’s Eye. Write a bit about this article and write a bit about what you have learned about your own way of seeing through this class.
- Talk a bit about your thoughts about film vs. digital and online vs. in person.
(Maybe also: Home vs. College. and any other dichotomy that seems relevant–eg Boston vs. California, China, Baltimore, Utah, Florida, –who am I forgetting?)
reading materials: (others are attached below)