Lean Six Sigma Research Paper
Write a paper whose purpose is to uncover the connections between organizations that use structured frameworks for improvement (Enterprise Excellence, Lean Six Sigma, etc.) and their operational performance.
Compare two organizations addressing the above questions. The organizations can be companies, not for profits, or government agencies and can be small, medium or large. Use whatever research tools are available to you.Guidelines:
- – Paper should be double spaced and between 5 and 7 pages including references.
You will find four general possibilities (or something in between):
- 1) Using improvement framework and performing excellently
- 2) Using improvement framework and performing poorly
- 3) No improvement framework and performing excellently
- 4) No improvement framework and performing poorly
Your paper should answer the following questions:
- ï‚· Whatâ€™s the organizationâ€™s background? Short (1 paragraph) background on the company (age, industry,major business segments, number of employees, revenues, profits, core competencies, core products,customers, etc.)
- ï‚· What framework, if any, is the organization using to drive operational improvement?
- ï‚· When was the framework established and how has it fared over time?
- ï‚· In what parts of the organization is the framework being applied (Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, ProductDevelopment, etc.)
- ï‚· How is the framework perceived by senior leaders, middle managers, practitioners, etc.?
- ï‚· How is the framework utilized by senior leaders, middle managers, practitioners, etc.?
- ï‚· What are examples (be specific as much as possible with quantitative impacts), which demonstrate successesand shortcomings of the framework?
- ï‚· What is the future outlook of the framework within the organization?
- ï‚· In your assessment, is there a link between the organizationâ€™s performance (revenue, profit, growth, shareprice (if applicable), etc. and its espousal of a structured framework?
- ï‚· What can the organization do differently to strengthen its improvement capability?
- ï‚· For those doing Option : Research â€“ use the above questions to contrast between the organizations