PART1- use the information from the worksheet to answer the following questions. Use one paragraph (4 – 6 sentences) to respond to each of the four prompts. ( ATTACHED BELOW UNDER THE NAME WORK EXERCISE VALUE)
- Consider your Core Values. Describe a current (or decision) life decision you’re considering (e.g., your major, where to live next year, etc.). Using your core values as a lens, how can (or did) those values guide that decision? Be specific about which core value(s) from the list you’re using.
- Consider your Workplace Values. What are your top five workplace values? Which of these workplace values do you think will be relatively “easy” for you to achieve at work? Which value may be more challenging? Why?
- Reconcile Core AND Workplace Values. How do your top five workplace values align with the core values you identified in STEP 1 of the Value Exercise? Do you see overlap and consistency? Are there contradictions? What are you surprised by as you review the two sets of values?
- Select one of these companies and investigate its Organizational Culture. (Consult this week’s Week 14 PPT to learn how/where to look for information). What are the company’s values? How did you uncover those values? How do those values line up with your core and/or workplace values? How are the company values consistent with what employees are saying about the company? Which aspects of the company’s culture concern you?
write a one-page reflection (single-spaced) that explains how you used the feedback to create your revised resume.
( BELOW ATTACHED A COPY OF MY MY RESUME WITH THE FEEDBACK ON IT)
Respond to these required inquiries in your reflection:
- What feedback was most helpful to you? Why?
- What changes did you make to your resume?
- Were there suggestions that you did not accept? Why not?
- Which section of your revised resume do you think is your strongest? Why (e.g., formatting, level of detail, use of strong verbs)?
- Which section of your revised resume do you think needs more work? Why (e.g., formatting, level of detail, use of strong verbs)?
- Is your revised resume ready to use as you apply for an internship? Why or why not? If not, what needs to happen to get it ready?