Please go to the website:
to view the Zimbrado Video: learning.
This video extends new information to our discussions in class and to the lecture I provided for the notes concerned with learning.
You can type your answers into the following areas. Please make a file on your computer that you can save this and other assignments into for collection at a later date. I am assuming that you watch this video and complete these questions by NEXT WEDNESDAY. Do not remove the questions. (20pts)
- List the main topics discussed in this video as they occur:
- Please list examples of Independent and dependent variables observed in the video
- Please list examples of intervening variables inferred by those independent and dependent variables to have occurred in the video
- Please list the primary hypotheses discussed in the video concerning the purpose of learning:
- How does the definition of MIND as provided in class relate to the topics discussed in the video and their relationship to the conduct of AND variation in behavior in specific situations?
- Please describe the difference between engagement of learning during the operant (instrumental) and classical conditioning experiments.
- Please describe how the relationship between engagement of learning during the operant (instrumental) and classical conditioning experiments relates to you a student studying for a class.
- Please describe how learning as described by the biological and cognitive perspectives enables change (development) in the organism.
- How do the concepts related to learning read about in text, observed in video, and discussed in lecture address questions of interest to epistemology?
- What are the consequences of learning on the brain and on future execution of behavior by that brain?