Client: You are required to choose a regional or provincial Society/Foundation that will be your “client”. This can be an existing foundation such as the BC Cancer Foundation or you can create a fictional foundation.
- To plan a themed gala dinner in either the fall or spring
- To generate $500,000 in gross revenues (meaning before expenses)
- To keep expenses at 20% of gross revenues
- To include various fundraising activities, a dinner and entertainment
- To attract new sponsors to the event
Marks will be based on the following criteria:
1. INTRODUCTION (5)
- Proposal Title Page with appropriate visuals with proposed name, dates and venue. Include your company name
- Letter of Introduction to prospective client introducing your company and your proposal
2. DEFINE THE EVENT (5)
- Define your proposed event. What is it? Who is it for? How many will attend?
- State a minimum of 5 success factors that need to be in place to will help you achieve your goals.
3 EVALUATE THE EVENT (5)
- Explain which areas of the event you will evaluate.
- When will the evaluation be carried out?
- What will happen with the information you have gathered?
- Include at least 10 questions you might ask in your evaluations
4. THEME CONCEPT AND CREATIVE BRIEF (10)
- Describe your theme concept and colour palette
- Prepare a creative brief describing the event from first arrivals until the last person leaves.
- Provide photos to illustrate your creative vision and support your theme
- Incorporate your theme into an invitation or some promotional item
5. DATE, & VENUE (10)
- Recommend the best date for the event and provide reasons for your selection. When and why that date? Why not another? Compare and contrast two dates.
- Identify a Venue. Why have you chosen this particular place/location? Compare and contrast two venues
- Describe the chosen venue in a descriptive proposal format. Use photos.
6.ESTABLISH A BUDGET (10)
- Identify your various revenue streams and show how you plan to generate $500,000 in revenues
- Identify your costs to produce this event.
- Identify Fixed & Variable costs in your budget..
- Use the internet as much as possible for supplier info.
7.CRITICAL PATH / TIMELINE (5)
- Outline your plan in a critical path/ timeline format. This should be in a logical format by category and date.
- This must include the major milestones for you and the client. Should include any major milestones (ie: venue deposits) that would need to be made to fulfill contract obligations.
8. MARKETING THE EVENT (10)
- Complete a SWOT analysis of your event
- Describe your target market using demographics, psychographics and geographics
- What marketing methods will you use to reach your target market?
- How will you encourage ticket sales or attendance?
- What social media will you use to market the event to your specific target market?
9 SPONSORSHIP (5)
- Identify potential sponsors suitable to your event for both monetary and in kind sponsorship
- Outline the various levels of sponsorship and their related benefits. How will sponsors be recognized at the event?
10 EVENT MANAGEMENT (20)
- Include a production schedule (actual timing of the event in progress including set-up and strike)
- Include a floor plan to show your understanding of space usage during the event.
- Outline insurance requirements, licences or other permits required for your event.
- Provide a list of all volunteer and staffed positions and the required numbers of persons
11.COMPANY PROFILE (5)
- Create and include your event management company profile
- Who are the team members?
- What is your area of specialty, why should they hire you, what other events have you done?
- Provide testimonials, referrals
12. LAYOUT AND PRESENTATION (5)
- Layout and presentation marks will be given for spelling, grammar, presentation of information, relevant photos and overall professionalism.
13. ORAL PRESENTATION (5)
- Group is organized and prepared for their presentation
- Presentation visuals are clearly presented and easy to follow
- All group members participated in the presentation
- Presentation was within the allotted time