Choose an implementing organization which focuses on your assigned determinant of health. Then select a policy which impacts your determinant of health and the organization you have chosen. Review the organization and the associated policy using the outline in the Health Policy Making in the United States textbook. Analyze how the implementation of the policy impacted health outcomes created by the organization. Here is an outline of what you should have:
- Introduction of the organization associated with your determinant of health
- Services and programs provided by your organization
- Introduction of policy associated with your determinant of health implemented by the organization
- Objective of this policy (What is or are the objective[s]? Are there conflicts or lack of clarity?)
- Hypothesis of this policy (What is the logic model of the policy? Is it accurate or not?)
- Degree of flexibility in operating this policy (Does the degree of flexibility benefit or hinder the operation of your organization?)
- Characteristics of the implementing organization
- Capabilities of managers
- Types of evaluations used
- Timing of evaluations
- Support for policy evaluation and policy analysis
You paper should be 3-5 pages in length.
4. Compare the organization, structure, and function of health care, public health, and regulatory systems across national and international settings.
10. Select methods to evaluate public health programs.
11. Discuss multiple dimensions of the policy-making process, including the roles of ethics and evidence.
12. Propose strategies to identify stakeholders and build coalitions and partnerships for influencing public health outcomes.
14. Evaluate policies for their impact on public health and health equity.
15. Apply principles of leadership, governance, and management, which include creating a vision, empowering others, fostering collaboration, and guiding decision making.
19. Apply systems thinking tools to a public health issue.
1. Identify how the implementation of a rule has an impact on the outcome.
Core Professional Attributes:
1. ATSU: Critical Thinking