Assignment #2: Social Psychology and the Coronavirus
I know I changed the topic, but this virus and its social impacts on the entire world are too important not to address.
- What you will be handing in for assignment #1:
- Title page in APA format (see sample paper)
- 2-3 pages of writing, double spaced
- Reference page in APA format with any sources you use (none are required except the course material)
- As a WORD document only
Here is your task:
- Choose ANY three social psychology topics we addressed this semester. Or, if you have the book (it is free to you now via https://researchguides.canton.edu/VitalSource/students) choose some from there. Write about how social psychology has been shown in the case of the coronavirus. From people hoarding toilet paper, to the racism shown against Chinese Americans, to people not staying home, to the misinformation made rampant by irresponsible social media use, and people trying to sell bogus products to naÃ¯ve people online, there have been countless examples of social psychology shown in relation to COVID-19 just in the last couple of weeks alone.
- Tell me how you have been impacted by this experience. What changes have you had to make? What changes will you be making going forward (if any)? How do you feel about it all? This second part can be as short or as long as you want.
Examples of topics:
self-conceptself-esteemrace and gender differencesself-regulation
self-presentationappearancehow we explain othersâ€™ behavior personal biases
stigmastereotypes socialization prejudice
discrimination trust how we form attitudes influence
persuasion group roles belonging to a group conforming
obeying normscohesion social loafing
cooperating competing group decision making attraction
altruism empathy group performance aggression