- Review the RDA and AI for Vitamins and Elements or use the RDAs and AIs on the front inside cover of your textbook.
- Review the prenatal recommendations in your textbook for Chapter 4.
- Next, review this sample prenatal vitamin.
Step 2: Complete a paragraph answering the following questions:
- Review the two prenatal multivitamin labels below. How do they each compare with the RDA/AI recommendations for: Vitamin A, Vitamin D, calcium, iron, folic acid, and DHA? Are any major nutrients missing? Are any ingredients added that cause concern for you or are unnecessary?
- Would you recommend either supplement? Explain your rationale. For the Prenatal MultiGold, it’s hard to read. It may be easier to use this link. https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Whole-Food-Prenatal-Vitamins/dp/B00P6X5PNS (Links to an external site.)Then go to the label and zoom in!
Discussion Etiquette (Netiquette) Guidelines