NOTE: THE ARTICLE IS ATTACHED AND I NEED A CRITIQUE WITH HIGHLIGHTED OF ALL STEPS ANSWERED.
Your critique should include the following:
- Describe the problem as it is presented in the study.
- State the purpose of the research.
- Have the investigators placed the study problem within the context of existing nursing or healthcare knowledge?
- Will the study solve a problem relevant to nursing?
Review of the Literature (may be part of the author’s introduction or conclusion)
- Identify the concepts explored in the literature review.
- Are the references current in relation to the publication date of the study? If not, what are the possible reasons for using older sources?
- Do the authors identify their overall assumptions or a theoretical framework for the study? Are these assumptions appropriate for the study?
- Does the research draw only on nursing theory, or does it draw on theory from other disciplines?
- If a formal theory is not identified, suggest one (preferably a nursing theory) that might be suitable for the study. Various nursing theories can be found at http://www.nursing-theory.org/theories-and-models/
- What is the research question or the hypothesis? Is it clearly stated or implied?
- What are the independent and dependent variables in the hypothesis or research question?
- Are the variables clearly defined so that the reader understands the researchersâ€™ interpretation of the variables?
- Is the dependent variable concrete and measurable?
- What type of design (quantitative, qualitative) was used in this study?
- Was inductive or deductive reasoning used in this study?
- State the sample size and study population, sampling method, and study setting.
- Did the investigator choose a probability or non-probability sample?
- Describe how the independent variable was tested or surveyed in the study.
- Describe how the dependent variable was measured.
- Discuss the reliability and the validity (quantitative) or the credibility (qualitative) of the measurement tools.
- How were ethical considerations addressed? What ethical considerations were necessary for this type of study?
- What data analysis method was used?
- How were the results in the study presented to the reader?
- Discuss at least one (1) finding from the authorsâ€™ results and relate it to the dependent variable of the study.
Summary/Conclusions, Implications, and Recommendations
- What are strengths and limitations of the study other than those stated by the authors?
- Can the researcher generalize the findings to other populations? Explain.
- What is the significance of the findings and conclusions for you in your personal nursing practice? For nursing as a profession?