There are TWO seperate discussions!
Instructions: After reading the LUMEN lessons â€œWhat is Research?â€, â€œResearch and Other Types of Source-Based Writing,â€ and, â€œWhat is Research Writing?â€ and the assigned text and video in Week 1, look ahead to the discussion questions and module essay prompt. Then, respond to the following questions:
- Define a â€œhomework questionâ€. Find an example from this weekâ€™s discussion post and explain why it is a â€œhomework questionâ€.
- Define a â€œresearch questionâ€. Create your own sample research question based on the module topics. Explain why it is a research question.
- Review the module essay prompt. Is this a research project or a source-based essay? Explain your answer!
Instructions: After reading the LUMEN lesson â€œThe Qualities of Good Researchâ€ and watching the video â€œChoosing a Management Research Topicâ€ and the modules readings/videos in Week 2, look ahead to the module essay prompt.
- Identify a potential research topic for the essay and brainstorm around the items in the list below.
- Then, identify which one or two of the items from your brainstorm you will consider for your essay topic, and why/how they are manageable topics.
- Include your brainstormed ideas for all five items, and a paragraph summary of your brainstorm, potential essay topics, and supporting reasons.
Narrowing a Topic â€“ Brainstorm:
- A single event
- A specific group
- A limited time period
- One cause or effect
- One argument or viewpoint