Below is the instruction, in simple word is that to write a paper based on the paper i provided. And there are question in the instruction.
Read all instructions carefully!
- Flores, A.R. (2015). Examining variation in surveying attitudes on same-sex marriage: A meta-analysis. Public Opinion Quarterly, 79, 580-593.
- Blanchard, R. (2004). Quantitative and theoretical analyses of the relation between older brothers and homosexuality in men. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 230, 173-187.
- ^ NEED TO GO TO WEBOFSCIENCE for Blanchard, not PsychINFO ^
- Gosling, S. D., & John, O. P. (1999). Personality dimensions in non-human animals: A
cross-species review. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 8, 69â€“75.
- Kuss, D.J. & Griffiths, M.D. (2012). Internet gaming addiction: A systematic review of empirical research. International Journal of Mental Health & Addiction, 10,278-296.
- Celik, C.B., & Odaci, H. (2013). The relationship between problematic internet use and interpersonal cognitive distortions and life satisfaction in university students. Children and Youth Services Review, 35, 505-508.
- Wilson, T. D., Reinhard, D. A., Westgate, E. C., Gilbert, D. T., Ellerbeck, N., Hahn, C., & … Shaked, A. (2014). Just think: The challenges of the disengaged mind. Science, 345(6192), 75-77. doi:10.1126/science.1250830
- Ã Some people prefer to give themselves a mild electrical shock to being alone for 15 minutes!
- Steenbergen, L., Sellaro, R., van Hemert, S., Bosch, J.A., & Colzato, L.S. (2015). A randomized controlled trial to test the effect of multispecies probiotics on cognitive reactivity to sad mood. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity.,48, 258-264.
- There is a connection between your gut (microbiota) your well-being!
Get one of the above references on PsychINFO and write your 3-page paper (no less; no more; give or take a couple of sentences) on that one article. Address EACH of the following questions:
- What is the basic question the paper addressed?
- What did the author(s) predict?
- Who were the participants (number, gender, age, ethnicity if given)?
- What measures and procedures did the researchers use to test their prediction?
- What were the main results (not every one, but the major ones)? Did they confirm or disconfirm the prediction?
- What is one limitation of the study? (e.g., conducted only on one sample? Sample too small? Measures not reliable or valid? Did not consider alternative explanations)
Make completely clear when you are addressing each question by numbering the paragraph for each question. Do this by either putting the number of the question at the beginning of the paragraph or by making a heading with the question underlined.
â–º Use APA style to cite your source in your text-paper. That is, (Lastname, year of pub). But if you just say which paper you are reviewing in the opening paragraph and give names and date, then you donâ€™t need to keep doing that throughout the paper. But if you cite outside sources (donâ€™t have to), then after you paraphrase from your source, at the end of the sentence or paragraph you must give the source(s) in parentheses, with last names of all authors and the date of publication.
DO NOT QUOTE: use your own words. Nothing they say, canâ€™t be paraphrased.
NOTE: Be careful not to lean too much on the words of the authors. When you paraphrase you need to use almost completely your own words. Plagiarism is when 50% or more of the words from a sentence are not your own. Too many students often just change a word here and there from what the authors are writing. Read the article paragraph by paragraph and then sit down and summarize what you just read without really looking at the text.
Like your first paper, you must:
- Double-space the entire paper (no exceptions)
- Have 1â€ margins and 12pt font size
- Have a header with page # (in the â€œViewâ€ menu in Microsoft Word)
- Have a title page and bibliography page (with the reference)
- Title page: title of article, your name, date
- Ã (note: title page and reference page do NOT count in the page total)
â–ºInclude a reference section with your reference fully cited and referenced in APA style
(see Assignment 1 and Dr. Feistâ€™s feedback on your first paper for basic APA style format). The easiest way to know what APA style is to LOOK IN OUR TEXTBOOK. That is APA style.
Or go to the following on-line summaries of APA style:
â–º Also, if you have trouble with writing clearly and I gave you a lot of feedback on your first two papers, make sure you edit your own paper. Print it out after you finish it, read it out load, and clarify sentences that are poorly structured or that are missing a smooth transition. Also, remember the Learning Assistance Resource Center (LARC)– http://www.sjsu.edu/larc/ (Links to an external site.) . For instance, under the link at LARC for â€œWRC Writing Infoâ€ there are multiple grammar assistance websites, such as http://www.englishplus.com/grammar/ (Links to an external site.). This site helps you understand all of the basics of writing, from run-on sentences to sentence fragments, etc. Make use of resources available. Good writing is a skill that doesnâ€™t just happen. You have to work at it. The more you write and the more feedback you receive, the better writer you will be.
That is the paper you write up by answering the 6 questions.
I wonâ€™t accept any papers that have similarity reports greater than 15% with any ONE source. That is, after you get your overall originality report, click on it (the colored box, that could be has high as 30-50%, and make sure that no one source (individual student papers, web, or publication) is greater than 10%. If so, that means you borrowed too much from one source. It is not a problem if the restating the questions giving the similarity score. It’s fine. It’s only a problem if you have quotes or don’t paraphrase enough. Note if you resubmit to TII.com it take 24 hours to give you a new similarity %, because it has to delete your first paper from the system (otherwise you will be nearly 100% similar to yourself).