The final capstone project is a culmination of the written research-based assignments completed throughout the course. Each written assignment contributes to the final Evidenced-Based Proposal paper. This is the second written assignment.
Locate a minimum of 15 peer-reviewed articles that describe the problem or issue and that support the proposed solution. Eight of the 15 articles must be research-based (i.e., a study which is qualitative, quantitative, descriptive, or longitudinal).
The “Table of Evidence” document is a tool you can use to organize information from the study articles you have chosen for your literature review. Use this tool as a guide to ensure you have captured the key information that should be incorporated into your literature review narrative.
Begin your search for literature by utilizing the databases located in the GCU Library. Contact your instructor, the librarian, or library staff for additional researching tips and keyword suggestions.
Preview each of the 15 articles chosen by reading the article abstracts and summaries. Article abstracts and summaries provide a concise description of the topic, research outcomes, and significance of findings.
Analysis and Appraisal
Write an analysis and appraisal (1,500-2,000 words): This section should build and support your case, in the reader’s mind, of why your problem, purpose, and proposed solution are valid.
Remember, you are building an argument to prove your case to do this project; this is not simply an article review.
Analyze and appraise the selected articles to support your problem, purpose, and solution. Appraise each article by answering the following questions (one to two sentences is sufficient to answer each question):
- How does the article describe the nature of the problem, issue, or deficit you have identified?
- Does the article provide statistical information to demonstrate the gravity of the issue, problem, or deficit?
- What are some examples of morbidity, mortality, and rate of incidence or rate of occurrence in the general population?
- Does the article support your proposed change?
Group the analyses based on the content of the articles and the support each article provides for your project.
Incorporating a Theory
In addition to the review of the literature and theory paper, write a paper of 250-500 words in which you:
- Find a theory that will assist you in your implementation or support your solution to your problem.
- Describe this theory in simple terms.
- Describe why this theory supports your project.
- Describe how you will incorporate this theory.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.