You have been asked by your local school board of directors to present information on school violence and harassment.
Using the information you discussed in your collaborative discussion this week, create an 8- to 10-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation with an accompanying 1-page hand-out. In your presentation:
- Identify the warning signs that led to violence in your selected school violence event(s) from your collaborative discussion.
- Explain how educational facilities can protect staff, faculty, and students from violence, harassment, and crimes.
- Describe which preventative measures, including security precautions, could be put into place. What deterrence measures have been put into place at the facility identified in your discussion?
- Identify staff, faculty, and student help or counseling programs. Differentiate between the programs available for staff and faculty, and those programs available for students. Should programs also be made available to family members of those affected by school place violence? Where and for how long should these programs be made available?
- Determine if the same prevention steps for combatting workplace violence can be used to prevent school violence. Why or why not?
In your handout:
- List the selected/recommended preventative measures which should be implemented to protect faculty, staff, and students.
- Identify counseling programs which should be made available to staff, faculty, and students.
- Provide information on warning signs for violence within the school setting. Include a listing of which law enforcement resources are available with contact information (name of contact person, telephone number, email, etc.).