Self-Ethnography Research Analysis â€“ Final Submission Instructions
You will develop a comprehensive narrative analysis of your life (mentioning parents, caregivers, and siblings, as applicable) in an 8â€“10-page paper using current APA style. You will ask family members and/or friends for their perspectives. The goal of this analysis is to help you understand your story from a life course perspective, practice integrating theory with an actual family, understand how your environment influences psycho-social development, and gain greater self-understanding. As references, you will use the textbook as well as interviews with significant people in your life. Use the outline below as a guide in writing your paper.
- Introduction and Current Context
- Social and Environmental Influences
- Describe how conflict was managed within the marriage and family.
- Describe the racial/ethnic/cultural/socioeconomic background of the family and its influences in shaping life experiences.
- Life Course and Theory Application
- Describe your own process of identity formation using Eriksonâ€™s Eight Stages of Development as a framework.
- Describe your own process of moral reasoning using Kohlbergâ€™s theory as a framework.
- Discuss your personal spiritual growth from childhood to present using Fowlerâ€™s Theory of Faith and Development as a framework.
- Describe your event history and the impact it has/had on your life. Specifically address life events, turning points, transitions, and trajectories in your life description.
- Describe your strengths and areas of needed growth. Use the bio-psycho-social-spiritual model.
- Recommend a plan for growth.
- Provide demographic informationâ€”a 1-paragraph bio-psycho-social-spiritual description for each family member.
- Describe family relationships.