For this assignment, you will select one of the sustainable development goals outlined in the UNâ€™s 2030 Agenda and research a nonprofit organization of your choosing that is currently taking steps to address the challenge highlighted in the goal you selected.
First, review the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, paying special attention to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and targets on pages 14-28. Then, choose one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and research organizations that are working to achieve the selected goal. You will highlight one of these organizations in your paper.
***I would like to use:14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development**
Include the following in your paper:
- Summarize your selected Sustainable Development Goal
- Describe how the organizations you researched are addressing the challenge to sustainability referenced in your selected goal
- Select one organization and evaluate its unique and/or innovative approach to meeting the UNâ€™s goal
Your report must include
- A title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- An introduction and conclusion paragraph. The introduction should include the background and purpose of the paper. The conclusion should summarize the paper.
- A separate References page. You must use at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or credible sources. Refer to the General APA Guidelines from Purdue Owl for more information.
Your paper must be 3-4 pages in APA format, excluding title and References pages.
Review the rubric to ensure you understand how you will be evaluated on this assignment: Unit 2 Rubric.