Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 1 and 2 in the course textbook. The purpose of this assignment is twofold: first, to enable you to explore a term (concept, technique, place, etc.) related to this weekâ€™s theme of sustaining Earthâ€™s biodiversity and ecosystems; second, to provide your first contribution to a collective project, the Class Sustainable Living Guide. Your work this week, and in the weeks that follow, will be gathered (along with that of your peers) into a master document that you will receive a few days after the end of the course. The document will provide everyone with a variety of ideas for how we can all live more sustainably in our homes and communities.
To complete this assignment,
- Select a term from the list of choices in the Week 1 – Term Selection Table located in the course. Type your name in the table, next to the word that you would like to choose.
- I CHOOSE ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT
- Download the Week 1 Assignment Template available in the course and replace the guiding text with your own words based upon your online research.
- Please do not include a cover page. All references, however, should be cited in your work and listed at the end, following APA Style expectations.
In the template, you will
- Define the term thoroughly, in your own words.
- Explain the importance of the term using evidence.
- Discuss how the term affects living things and the physical world.
- Suggest two specific actions that can be taken to promote environmental sustainability in relation to the term.
- Explain exactly how those actions will aid in safeguarding our environment in relation to your chosen term.
- Provide detailed examples to support your ideas.
The Sustaining Living Guide Contributions: Sustaining Biodiversity and Ecosystems paper
- Must be a minimum of three paragraphs in length (not including title, any quoted text, or references) and formatted according to APA style
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text. To aid you in your research, and particularly in locating scholarly sources via the Ashford University Library or using Google Scholar, please review the following videos and tutorials:
- Scholarly and Popular Resources (Links to an external site.)
- (Links to an external site.)Database Search Tips (Links to an external site.)
- (Links to an external site.)Research, Keywords, Databases: An Overview (Links to an external site.)
- Accessing Full text and citation in Google Scholar: SCI207 – Google Scholar (Links to an external site.)
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style