https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/26/podcasts/the-da… (the attached file is the podcast but in writing incase you can not access the podcast)
After completing the weekly readings and podcasts write brief responses (i.e., at least several sentences) to the 6 questions concentrating on one of the assigned readings or podcasts for the corresponding week. Be sure to number your responses.
- What is the main point of this reading or podcast?
- What information did you find surprising? Why?
- What did you find confusing? Why?
- How does the reading or podcast connect to other assigned material in the week?
- How does the reading or podcast connect to other class material?
- How does the reading or podcast connect to your personal life?
lecture slide below
after seeing the slides answer the questions below
- What is precarious work?
- Which workers are most vulnerable in a nail salon? At an Amazon warehouse? Explain.
- How have rates of unionization changed over the last 100 years? How has this affected workers?
- In your opinion, what are the responsibilities of employers to workers? Government to workers? Employees to employers?
- What are some policies that could help improve the adverse effects of work precarity?