Evaluating strategies used in literacy materials is crucial for teachers to do to successfully implement material into the curriculum. It is also important for teachers to evaluate how they will assess student comprehension of materials used in the classroom so they can adjust instruction or literacy materials as needed.
Select two literacy materials, either from your mentor teacherâ€™s classroom or through research, that you think would be appropriate for secondary students in your content area. Create an information sheet that could be shared with other middle or secondary educators interested in incorporating literacy into the selected content area.
The selected content area is ELA
The classroom is a 6th grade classroom and the state is NY
The two literacy materials are The classroom library with its large selction of literature and the second is an app named Lexia that helps students with reading comprehension, grammar and phonics. I am attaching the link to the site
Include the following for each material:
- Title, author, and brief description of the literacy materials and how they fit with the selected content area
- For each material: Description of one literacy strategy used within each textbook or literacy material
- Brief description of one activity for each material
- Example of a formative assessment and how the data collected could be used to adjust future instruction
- Brief rationale justifying why the selected formative assessments are suitable to determine student progress
- Images, graphics, etc. to enhance the document
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion